Note: Only pages 1-14 have any content at the present time.
Dr. Lightning, prominent shock doctor, accepted a challenge from the media to prove that electroshock was harmless by undergoing electroshock therapy himself. As the day approached for the shocker to voluntarily fry, the consensus of the public about the well publicized event was that only a crazy person would do it. After the shocking, Dr. Lightning appeared to be the same as before, but his staff noticed that he had more lapses of memory and after a few weeks, he maintained that he had never undergone shock therapy himself as only a crazy person would do that.
- How is a shrink similar to a contraceptive?
- They both impede life.
- Patient (seeking to amuse): How many shrinks does it take to screw
in a light bulb?
- Psych: Hmmm, why do you want a light bulb screwed in? Do you have a fixation about light bulbs? Hmmm, Have you been having any dreams about this? Yes, I think Prozac is definitely indicated.
- What the people think: The function of psychs is to adjust the
behavior of emotionally troubled people so that they feel better and
- What the rich think: The function of psychs is to adjust the behavior of people who trouble the rich.
- What the government thinks - the function of psychs is to control the behavior of potential political deviants.
- What shrinks think: The function of psychs is to adjust and control the behavior of everyone except psychs.
- Riddle: How can shrinks, a profession with the highest suicide rate
of any profession, help others if they can't help themselves?
- Answer: By self elimination.
Lawrence Wiley, List owner, Copyright (c) 1998